Saturday, July 13, 2013

Running with Foxes

So I sort of ran into a road block with my training and I'm not sure if it was from the heat or my mind throwing up roadblocks, but I found the 3rd week of training (according to the plan I'm following) really difficult.  So difficult, that I decided to redo it as I had to keep stopping in that week of training.

Last night I started the week again, and finally success!  I did the run properly despite my music going all wonky and constantly skipping.  The best part of the run, which was outside by the way, was getting to see two foxes.  As I was running out of town, one ran across the road.  I did wonder as I passed if it was going to run back out at me, and then just as I was coming up, a second appeared.  It saw me and turned around.

I think I actually enjoy running outside better than on the treadmill.  Not only do I get the chance to see foxes, but having something to stare at and use road markers as goals to pass in some ways makes it seem easier.

The couple of times that I've run outside, I tend to do it late at night.  I don't want anyone to see me, though truth is that I still get passed by a lot of vehicles.  Maybe I'm scared of being judged of things jiggling or being too slow, but in part, by running, I'm prooving to myself that I can do anything and to heck what other people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment