Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Running for Me

So in the past many days I've felt really out of touch with things...felt very unmotivated and in general, pretty yucky...I've been beating myself up about my weigh in, which to be honest, was me reaching my highest weight ever at 238 pounds.  Yup, I said it.  I've been sticking to my WW plan pretty intensely the last week, though supper in the last two days hasn't been great.  I'll weigh myself tomorrow and hopefully will feel much better.

I did head to the gym tonight to do my run (I've been doing outdoor running for the last couple of weeks) and finally was able to complete my first round of the Week 4 training successfully.  In total, I did 16 minutes of running, something in my whole life I've never been able to do.  I'm proud of myself.  I didn't really enjoy the gym experience-people were blaring their music as loud as they could and were goofing off.  I'm really starting to believe that this fall, I'll buy my own treadmill.

So my marathon that I signed up, well, I came up with an idea tonight.  I have a birthday coming up in October, before the marathon.  I've decided to ask for donations for my marathon in lieu of gifts.  This marathon means a lot to me as I'm running in memory of my grandfather.  At the same time, I'm also running for myself.  I'm not sure what I've shared before in previous posts, but I have issues with hypertension, and have since I was 18.  I've been big and I've also been 180 pounds with same high blood pressure.  I've been on medication for years (various meds as one particular med stopped working) and have had 2 EKG's to check if there's been damage to my heart.  Luckily there hasn't been, but as much as I pretend that hypertension doesn't bother me (emotionally), it does.  While I'm under control now, I don't know the future. The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, well, their research helps people like me.  So as much as I plan to run in memory of my grandfather, I'm running for me too.

Tonight on the treadmill, I really felt like my goal was in reach.  I've never run 16 minutes before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment