Tuesday, July 2, 2013

3rd Training and Get Running App

So I'm now using an app on my smartphone to help me with my running.  It's called Get Running, and I believe I paid a couple dollars for it.  It starts you off each week with a set of goals and builds you up as you go along.  I skipped a couple of weeks due to the training I started before, and so far, so good.

What I like about it is that not only can you play your own playlists, but it has great audio reminders when to move on so you really don't need to look at your cell all that much.

One major surprise to me though with the running is how sore my abs have been...silly me, not thinking that my abs would be strengthened, but they hurt!  I've done sit ups before and everything, but nothing like this.  Apparently, I'm building a stronger core and I'm told by a friend of mine who does run, that it's a sign that I'm doing things right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment